Friday, May 28, 2010

Homemade toys - trap door bucket

I made this trap door bucket for my son in just a few minutes out of supplies I had laying around the house. He loves dumping the toys out and putting them back in over and over - which is great when I need a few minutes to do other things;-)

Supplies:
Ice cream bucket or similar
Cutting tool (scissors, knife or razor blade)
Contact paper

Simply take a clean ice cream bucket and cover with contact paper (this is optional really - it just makes it look a little nicer) and cut a flap in the lid to drop small toys into. The nutrition panel was an easy outline to follow. Putting contact paper around the bucket can be a bit challenging given the slanted sides. I found it helpful to cut out a larger piece of contact paper then needed and then trim it down once I had it stuck on the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment