Sunday, April 11, 2010

Homemade baby toys - tissue box fun!

I thought of this toy after finding my little one pulling one tissue out of the box after another:-)

Supplies:
Empty tissue box
Sheer fabric or whatever you have on hand
Pinking sheers
Duct tape (for babies that are teething)

Take your leftover sheer fabric and cut it into about 30 tissue sized squares. I used pinking sheers to avoid too much fraying. Cover box with duct tape and stuff with sheer squares. At first I put the tissues in the box without altering it in any way. However after Jack slobbered and chewed his way through a couple boxes I decided to cover one with duct tape. Mine is done with plain gray tape, but if I had it to do over again I might spring for some of the new colored duck tape that's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment